Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12, 2009

A couple of fun things have happened since our last post, so it's time to update!

Every night at bedtime, we read stories with Aubrey and Ethan, pray, and sing songs. One of the usual requests is "Jesus, Shepherd of the Sheep":

Jesus, Shepherd of the sheep,
Who your Father's flock does keep
Safe we wake and safe we sleep,
Guarded still by you.

For those of you who haven't heard Ethan talk lately, it would be good for you to know that he has a tendency to say his /l/ sound like a /w/ sound. Aubrey has been helping him with this particular issue (and doing a great job with it, too!), and through her tutelage, Ethan has become increasingly aware of it. Whenever we sing the hymn above, though, Ethan feels the need to correct us. "No, Mom and Dad. It's 'safe-llly'!"
We crack up every time, and there is no telling him otherwise.

Aubrey was really funny tonight, too. We had lasagna with salad on the side for supper tonight. In Aubrey's case, though, it was more like salad with a side of lasagna! She had a plate full of raw lettuce, spinach, broccoli, and carrots with a tiny piece of lasagna. When we asked her why she wanted so many vegetables, she said, "I'm a calerpitar!" We thought that Aubrey wouldn't be able to finish all the veggies she had on her plate, but she proved us wrong - then she asked for dessert!
Also during bedtime tonight, we had a surprise visit from Pastor Uncle Steve. He came by with a crib mattress for Lily. While Heidi was carrying the mattress into Aubrey and Lily's room, Aubrey exclaimed, "Lily, your cradle days are over!"

There is more to share, but I think I'll save that for another time. If you are interested, I have started another blog that will serve as my reflections on classes that I take for my master's. I'm hoping to keep that up as long as I'm in school, but we'll see how well that keeps up.

Before I go, though, I have decided to do Lily's update simply with a picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment