Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14, 2009

Well, it's the morning after Lily's birth and I thought it might be a good time to update the blog and let you know what is going on with the new baby and our family. This will be done in a different format from previous posts - hope you enjoy the format!

Heidi
Heidi had a great night last night. Her recovery is going great, the nurses are treating her well, and she is feeling fine (except for a little cold!). The staff here says that she could go home tonight if she wanted to, but she'll probably stay one more night, just to get the extra rest before reality sets in!

Aubrey and Ethan
Aubrey and Ethan both love their new little sister very much. They both are very gentle and sweet when they hold her, and that is all they want to do when they visit her and mom here in the hospital. Funny story - last evening, when we came to visit, Aubrey and Ethan were very proud to talk about their new sister. When the nurse came in to check on Heidi, she asked the kids what the baby's name was. Both of them responded at the same time, "Lily!" Then Ethan added, "Her name is Lily because it's Easter time. After Easter her name gets to be Fred!" Looks like we have a nickname for her!

Lily
Lily is still beautiful, wonderful, calm, and doing great. We could not be more blessed to have such a healthy baby! God is certainly good! According to Heidi, "She's pooping like a champ!" (which is a great sign that everything is going well!)

Jason
As for me, I'm overwhelmed that I have the awesome privilege of taking care of my growing family. There have been times over the last nine months or so where I have not considered what wonderful blessings we have with this newest addition, but now that she is here, I know that I will not forget this great privilege. It amazes me that I can be so blessed to have a God that loves me enough to bless me with a wonderful family, but more importantly to bless me eternally with a risen Savior! What a wonderful time of year to experience these double blessings!

Another reminder, pictures are up on my Facebook page. If you are not my friend (or don't have an account!) sign up and let me know!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment