Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22, 2009

Well, we've had Lily home for just over a week now and things are going really well. She's super cute, the kids have adjusted well to having another one at home, and Heidi's recovery is coming along nicely.

Ethan has been just as active as ever. This afternoon, he decked himself out in his Spider-Man suit and came out for recess. He spent the next 30 minutes playing soccer with the big kids. At the end of recess, Ethan ran up to me and said, "Dad, Spider-Man won! But I lost." It's so much fun to hear what they have to say!

Aubrey continues to amaze Heidi and me with her artistic ability. A friend of ours sent a care package with all kinds of gifts for the whole family after Lily was born. The gift for Aubrey was a set of markers that change to completely different colors when you blend them (for example, brown becomes light blue). Some of the things that Aubrey has come up with are really fantastic - though I might be just a little biased! I'll try to scan some of them and see if I can embed them in this blog.

Heidi has been really enjoying staying home with the kids. She was just telling me the other day how time really seems to go quickly now that the baby has been born. Before Lily came by, time seemed to drag on for Heidi. But now, it seems as if there just isn't enough time in the day to do all the things that she wants to do! I guess that's better than getting bored!

I'm working on getting into graduate school this summer. The University of Nebraska at Omaha has processed my application, and I have been provisionally accepted into teacher graduate school. I'm just waiting on an immunization clearance and I should be all set. God-willing, I will earn my Master of Arts in Instruction Technology at the end of summer, 2012. I'm really looking forward to the program.

Next week is our school musical - "The Granny Awards". It should be a lot of fun, as grade school musicals and plays always are! It just means a lot of time spent working on the program next week and the rest of this week. I'll blog about it and probably provide a link to it on our school's website if you are interested in checking it out.

Well, that's it for this brief update. I'll be back next week with more tidbits and anecdotes!

No comments:

Post a Comment